The Appleton Health Board will likely be voting on a Chicken ordinance on Wednesday, June 6 at their 7am mtg. And, if it passes, it will go to the full council for a vote, which could happen as early as that same night.
We have 3 weeks to make a final push for chickens in Appleton! And we need help.
Please everyone contact your Alderperson and let him or her know that you support chickens & why. The FAQ sheet can help you answer any questions the Alderperson may have. Contacting your Alderperson can be as simple as a quick email saying who you are, where you live, and that you support chickens and you hope he or she will too. This can really mean a lot.
To find/contact your Alderperson:
- click on the My Neighborhood icon on the city home page ( http://appleton.org/ ).
- Once in My Neighborhood, enter your street address as requested and click on “submit”.
- Your property ID number and address should appear on the screen.
- Click on the property ID number (in blue) on the left side of the property information.
- When your property information is shown, click on the “Voting” tab to obtain your Alderperson information.
- To contact your Alderperson, click on his or her name. Contact information should appear.
But, don’t stop there! You can also send an email to the entire City Council here: http://www.appleton.org/departments/?department=13eb3a3729c9
Thank you all for your help!!